Sunday, November 18, 2012

Off the Longarm today

Okay - I'm nervous! This is my first post and I don't know what I'm doing, so we will see how it goes.

I just took this quilt off the longarm today. Mary S. entrusted me to longarm this quilt in memory of her father who died when she was young. He was a Boy Scout leader and also took his family to the lake to canoe. I really felt her father helped me with the designs, especially the blue block, where I quilted the Boy Scout insignia free hand. I think it turned out well.

Thanks Mary for letting me quilt such a special quilt! I hope you like it.









6 comments:

  1. Hello. I've seen this on Pinterest and it's probably my favorite quilt I've seen. I've searched high and low, buying quilt books, searching the Internet, Pinterest, Facebook, but I can't find this pattern. Would you know how to get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. This is a great pattern from Chris Hoover from Whirligig Designs. It is called Eldorado Canyon. Here is her website: http://whirligigdesigns.com/index_files/patterns.htm

      Delete
    2. Thank you a million times...I found it!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Greetings! I messaged you above so many years ago, after seeing your long arm quilting post. I loved everything about this quilt, the pattern, the colors used, and you helped me find the pattern. I just wanted to follow up to share that (after life getting in the way of many plans), I have finished my version (it looks pretty identical to this one you worked on). Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And. . . What is the name of this best paw quilt with trees ?? Please

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eldarado Canyon by whirligig

    ReplyDelete